It’s the only place that I feel like to comeback right away after leaving to go camping overnight, to experience fully the beauty of the place - the island of Diep Son.
Here is the experience when getting lost in the "paradise" which is very detailed of Mr. Tan Nhat, let’s take a look !
I came to the island in the summer - the best time of year. Quick Reviews: it’s truly a "paradise"!
* The experience in Diep Son is:
- See the white sand road between the two lanes of smooth blue water.
- You do not need to worry, because the highest tide point to the navel only, no need to be afraid of the waves washed away because the sea is extremely quiet.
- The feeling of walking in the ocean, watching the swimming fish … you can imagine yourself !
- Take the same road through 3 islands.
- On the third island, when the tide withdrawn, the road will be divided into two beaches. This double beach, a hot water side, a cold water side. Such a mysterious!
* Some notes:
- Moving from Nha Trang: Arrive at Van Gia Port, about 60km to Nha Trang in the direction of Phu Yen Province.
- From Tuy Hoa City, Phu Yen Province to Van Gia Port, heading to Nha Trang, about 70km, through Ca Pass. This beautiful sea pass, through Vung Ro Bay, Dai Lanh beach.
- Arriving in the port of Van Gia, make a phone call to Mr Tu Nghia (0166 7982 151). Sometimes the person who is on the line is Mr. Luan. They will arrange canoes for Diep Son Island. As per my experience, you should call him in advance (1, 2 days).
- Round trip ticket 200,000 VND / person. On occasions, canoes appear regularly, continually.
- On weekdays, if going in the day and no camping overnight, it is recommended to leave 8h - 9am. The canoes’ schedule is at 13h, 14h, and 16h.
- Canoe time is exactly 20 minutes.
* I will return to Diep Son in the near future.
I will camp overnight. In the evening, take a bus from Saigon to Phu Yen, stop at somewhere near Van Gia port, then take a motorcycle taxi into the port (just about 2km). Go there and wait for the canoe. It is said that power is only available from 18h - 21h only so after 21h, you hould be well prepared.
- On the island, there’re shops selling food and seafood. Drinking water is quite cheap – only about 10,000 VND/ bottle.